28 September 2010

Glow Gluten Free Cookies (Review)



Glow Gluten Free Cookies!

Thanks to Kim at Age of Autism I was one of the lucky winners of a whole set of Glow Gluten Free cookies! Both Kim and Jill (from Glow GF) were so sweet to communicate with, and the cookies arrived really quickly. I wish I could have been just as timely as posted this review a lot sooner - I'm sorry it took me so long, ladies!

When I opened the box, I was amazed to find not just one sample of cookies, but four different boxes of cookies inside! My boyfriend and I got to sample the Chocolate Chip, Double Chocolate Chip, Snickerdoodle, and Gingersnap cookies! Yes -- ALL of their flavors. How awesome is that? And aren't the boxes SO cute?! They fit seven cookies inside, wrapped in a second layer of freshness protection.

One thing I love about these cookies is that not only are they gluten free, but they are also preservative free (and also casein and trans fat free!). As a baker, I have a strong love of whole, natural ingredients used in my foods, so I love to see the same care put into the baked goods that I buy. And as I am wont to do with ALL my foods these days, one of the first things I did was read the ingredients panel. I have to hand it to Glow Gluten Free -- you have convinced me that baked goods using bean flour CAN taste good! This is the first experience I have had with bean flours that has been a positive one, so that is saying something!

Glow Gluten Free Cookies!

These cookies were yummy! The gingersnaps were the chewiest of the bunch, and they had that familiar gingerbread flavor and texture. Folks, the chocolate chip? They were reminiscent of Chips Ahoy! in a good way, only these were a bit chewier and had a more robust flavor. I think the chocolate Glow GF uses much be top notch, because I could taste the quality in the chocolate chip cookies. And the double chocolate chip? SO chocolately and really flavorful. I think these might have been my favorite. Snickerdoodles are one of my favorite holiday cookies, and these deliver. They're crispy (which I enjoy) and they leave that amazing, zingy aftertaste that makes my mouth happy even when the cookie is all gone.

All in all, I'd say these are some of the best gluten-free cookies I've tasted so far. If you see these on the shelf at the grocery store - pick them up! Unfortunately, I haven't seen these in my area yet, and if you're having the same trouble, don't fret. Just buy them online!

(You can also find Glow Gluten Free on Facebook and twitter.)

No comments:

Post a Comment